Google My Business is continually making changes and updates that make it for customers to connect to you. Currently, from a Google My Business listing, a customer can call you, navigate to your business, and connect to your website. In select countries, they can now message you.
Once the messaging platform is set up on your Google My Business, your customers can chat with you directly. On your Google My Business listing, your customers will see this new option:
When they select that option, they will be sent an auto response that you, as the business owner can set up ahead of time.
How to Get Started
- Sign into your Google My Business at business.google.com
- Look for the card in the home menu that says “Chat.”
- Follow the easy setup process, ensuring that you add a phone number that can receive SMS messages.
- Google will text you a verification code at the phone number that you entered.
- Enter the code and allow 24-48 hours for processing.
Be careful! Google is recommending that you do not include sensitive information while messaging. Such as credit card numbers, Social Security numbers, passwords, or anything that you feel may be sensitive.
You can also opt out at any time.
For further information, go to https://support.google.com/business/answer/7177958?hl=en.